Kevin Systrom recently did an interview with the Founder of GIGAOM – Om Malik. They discussed some of the most recent events with Instagram, how Facebook is helping the product mature and the overall strategy moving forward.
Some of the key points to note from this interview:
- Hurricane Sandy was probably Instagram’s biggest moment with over 800,000 photos uploaded.
- Instagram introduced the Maps product/ update as they realise how important geo data is to social networking apps.
- Product design is so important today – shaving a few seconds off your app loading can significantly increase engagement.
- Kevin explains why there is no ‘Video Instagram’ yet, but in the future as data speeds increase then we may see a service that caters for this.
- Kevin even comments on Twitter releasing filters in their mobile apps but this in no way threatens Instagram, as “Instagram is a community – not filters”.
We have embedded the video below for you to watch: